Attractions close to Rose House
Rose House home offers easy access to a wide range of attractions in and around Gillingham for people with learning disabilities joining us for a holiday or a respite break.
- The Royal Engineers Museum in Gillingham tells the story of the Corps of Royal Engineers. Exhibits include armoured vehicles, a Harrier Jump Jet, a Second World War V-2 missile, rare silks from China, jewellery made by Zulu warriors and an extensive photographic collection.
- Gillingham’s Strand Leisure Pool and Park includes a miniature railway, crazy golf and par three golf course, sports facilities, an outdoor swimming pool and cafeteria.
- Capstone Farm Country Park in Gillingham covers 114 hectares of former farmland on the North Downs. Attractions include a fishing lake, cycle trail, walks and a café.
- Gillingham’s Silver Blades Ice Rink offers learn to skate lessons and daytime, afternoon, evening and evening disco sessions.
- The Historic Dockyard, Chatham tells the story of how ships built, repaired and manned from Chatham played a key role in Britain’s history, from the Spanish Armada to the Falklands Crisis.
- Gillingham market takes place in the High Street on Mondays and Saturdays.
- Historic Rochester Cathedral has been a place of Christian worship since 604AD. Admission is free, although donations are welcome.
- Tyland Barn Wildlife Park at Maidstone is a restored 17th century barn, housing a large exhibition on wildlife and conservation. At various times of year, it is home to bees, tadpoles and nesting birds.
For more information on Eleanor Care Homes and holidays for people with learning disabilities, please contact us.