Attractions close to Rose House
Rose House home offers easy access to a wide range of attractions in and around Gillingham for people with learning disabilities joining us for a holiday or a respite break.
- The Royal Engineers Museum in Gillingham tells the story of the Corps of Royal Engineers. Exhibits include armoured vehicles, a Harrier Jump Jet, a Second World War V-2 missile, rare silks from China, jewellery made by Zulu warriors and an extensive photographic collection.
- Gillingham’s Strand Leisure Pool and Park includes a miniature railway, crazy golf and par three golf course, sports facilities, an outdoor swimming pool and cafeteria.
- Capstone Farm Country Park in Gillingham covers 114 hectares of former farmland on the North Downs. Attractions include a fishing lake, cycle trail, walks and a café.
- Gillingham’s Silver Blades Ice Rink offers learn to skate lessons and daytime, afternoon, evening and evening disco sessions.
- The Historic Dockyard, Chatham tells the story of how ships built, repaired and manned from Chatham played a key role in Britain’s history, from the Spanish Armada to the Falklands Crisis.
- Gillingham market takes place in the High Street on Mondays and Saturdays.
- Historic Rochester Cathedral has been a place of Christian worship since 604AD. Admission is free, although donations are welcome.
- Tyland Barn Wildlife Park at Maidstone is a restored 17th century barn, housing a large exhibition on wildlife and conservation. At various times of year, it is home to bees, tadpoles and nesting birds.
- Sittingbourne & Kemsley Light Railway dates back to 1905 and features original steam engines and rolling stock and parts of the original line.
- Hempstead Valley Shopping Centre in Gillingham is home to more than 50 retailers and a food court.
For more information on Eleanor Care Homes and holidays for people with learning disabilities, please contact us.